ciq message

Subject: RE: [ciq] CIQ V3.0 being implemented for Open Source CRM

Excellent news!

Let's keep up the engagement with them, (they may need answers and clarifications of things along the way).
In time we should want to promote the link to sourceforge, and moves us into the realm of having an external site like SAML does.

Cheers
Colin

From: Ram Kumar [mailto:kumar.sydney@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 26 June 2008 8:35 p.m.
To: ciq@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Mary McRae; KOLSTER, Liz

-----Original Message-----
From: Ta'id Holmes [mailto:tholmes@infosys.tuwien.ac.at]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2008 9:42 PM
To: Ram Kumar
Subject: Re: hello

Dear Ram,

Yes the project uses the CIQ standards from OASIS. I have two students
working on the subject. Here I have defined some goals for them:

Goals:
Develop an open source project of a Customer Relationship Management
(CRM) webapplication that uses OASIS CIQ standards for administrating
organisations, persons, memberships, as well as contact information.
Develop Web services and a persistance layer for OASIS CIQ data and
business objects. Propose integration strategies/approaches in order to
combine this persistance layer with SQL legacy systems.
The Web services use OASIS CIQ standards for administrating
organisations, persons, memberships, as well as contact information.
Secure the architecture by using web service authentication and
distinguish between different types of users of the system (e.g. by
defining semantics for memberships) and their respective degrees of
authorisation (permit a member to see & update his contact information
e.g.). Define extension points to use cases. Finally provide means of
search and export of CIQ data to vCard and XLS.

One student will concentrate on an JSF webapplication. The other one
will implement the services & bind it to a warehouse framework for
legacy databases.

We intend to publish all results under an open source license at
SourceForge: http://hr-crm.sourceforge.net/
A first prototype might be available in autumn.

Best regards, Ta'id