cloudauthz message

Subject: FW: Meeting minutes March 18th 2013

1. Roll Call, Agenda Review and Minute Taker Nomination.

2. Approval of minutes – March 4 2013

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201302/msg00013.html

3. Use Case Submissions Discussions – (Repeat with more details)

- Mike Poulin  (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48320&wg_abbrev=cloudauthz)

- Anil Saldhana (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201303/msg00000.html)

- Radu Marian (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201303/msg00003/CloudAuthZ.BAC.UseCases.doc)

- Darran Rolls (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201303/msg00001.html)

4. CloudAuthZ Face To Face (3-4 April 2013 in Santa Clara)

5. Other Discussions

6. Adjourn

Discussed F2F details

Agreed that F2F will happen (start a ballot to confirm the attendance in person or dial in)

Radu to check for a webex meeting and an agenda

Action item on people to provide uses cases for the f2f

April 1st meeting to cancel

Motion to cancel the April F2F meeting and replacing it with the F2F

Motion approved. April 1st meeting cancelled

Discussed Radu use case, Need better description of the use case

Shaheen said it is missing more details

Discussing entitlement catalogue (needed throughout the entitlement cycle)

Does entitlement can be directly assigned to users?

No need to group entitlements

Do we need to distinguish between entitlement and logical ones?

Logical stated and agreed upon by the TC

So basically the first the TC needs to agree on how roles, business roles and logical entitlement are treated in this work

Catalogue will be a classification mechanism for logical entitlement

What entitlements a user has do we want to leverage SCIM 2.0 in this TC, by using SCIM?

Shaheen/Mark suggest that we should wait before we go for it

Shaheen need to know SCIM maturity before we go forward

Richard Hill (Boeing):I agree, we should look at SCIM, but not commit until we have a better understanding of its capabilities

Do we need to marry the use case with the entitlement model?

Am I correct in understanding that SCIM is for the moment more theoretical oriented and they hope to become more practical because of how we fill in the entitlements?

Mark Lambiase (SecureAuth): I do not think they believe they are operating in the realm of the theoretical, but that in the notion of Cloud Identity Management they, too, are looking to understand the entitlement model. Entitlements go beyond just creating/deleting accounts, or marking an account active/inactive.  Role/entitlement assignment, as we have seen, can become a messy business.  I believe they have worked out assigning roles, but do not have the authorization framework for how a role/attribute assigned via a SCIM process would be utilized.

Radu: SCIM provide pluming our TC can provide the meaning to SCIM

Need to provide meaning to entitlement in the form of syntax where reference id can be assigned. Meaning cannot be ambiguous

Radu to provide SoD use case data for the F2F and show the role of ontology

Kammala cloud is available as a small ontology for free we can use it as a proof

Michael Poulin will need to detail his use case

Chat room dump

anonymous morphed into Mark Lambiase - SecureAuth
anonymous morphed into Lloyd (Novell)
anonymous1 morphed into Mohammad Jafari (ESC)
abbie barbir morphed into abbie barbir bofa
anonymous morphed into Radu Marian (Bank of America)
Mark Lambiase - SecureAuth morphed into Mark Lambiase (SecureAuth)
anonymous morphed into Richard Hill (Boeing)
abbie barbir bofa: 1. Roll Call, Agenda Review and Minute Taker Nomination.

2. Approval of minutes  March 4 2013

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201302/msg00013.html

3. Use Case Submissions Discussions  (Repeat with more details)

- Mike Poulin  (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48320&wg_abbrev=cloudauthz)

- Anil Saldhana (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201303/msg00000.html)

- Radu Marian (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201303/msg00003/CloudAuthZ.BAC.UseCases.doc)

- Darran Rolls (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201303/msg00001.html)

4. CloudAuthZ Face To Face (3-4 April 2013 in Santa Clara)

5. Other Discussions

6. Adjourn
Lloyd (Novell): Any  phone yet?
abbie barbir bofa: use this bridge 1-866 222 6658  pass 237796
Radu Marian (Bank of America): 1-866 222 6658  pass 237796
abbie barbir bofa: add f2F discussio
abbie barbir bofa: minutes March 18 meeting
abbie barbir bofa: Discussed F2F details
Agreed that F2F will happen (start a ballot to confirm the attendance in person or dial in)
Radu to check for a webex meeting
Lloyd (Novell): Could you please add Lloyd Burch to the Roll
Chris Kappler, PwC: Please add Chris Kappler to the roll
abbie barbir bofa: Action item on people to provide uses cases for the f2f
April 1st meeting to cancel
Motion to cancel the April F2F meeting and replacing it with the F2F
Motion approved. April 1st meeting cancelled
abbie barbir bofa: ok chris
abbie barbir bofa: Discussed Radu use case, Need better description of the use case
abbie barbir bofa: Shahenn said it is missing more details
abbie barbir bofa: Discussing entitlement catalogue (needed throughout the entitlement cycle)
abbie barbir bofa: Does entitlement can be directly assigned to users
anonymous morphed into Carlton @Intel Corporation
abbie barbir bofa: Can profiles be agnostic to entitlements?
abbie barbir bofa: No need to group entitlements
Do we need to distinguish between entitlement and logical ones?
abbie barbir bofa: logical stated and agreed upon by the TC
abbie barbir bofa: so basically the first the TC need to agree on how roles, business roles and logical entitlement are treated in thos work
abbie barbir bofa: Catalogue will be a classification mechanism for logical entitlement
abbie barbir bofa: SCIM captures what entitlments a user have
abbie barbir bofa: do we want to leverage SCIM 2.0 in this TC, by using SCIM
abbie barbir bofa: Shaheen/Mark suggest that we should wait before we go for it
Shaheen need to know SCIM maturity before we go forward
Richard Hill (Boeing): I agree, we should look at SCIM, but not commit until we have a better understanding of its capabilites.
abbie barbir bofa: agree
Chris Kappler, PwC: Am I correct in understanding that SCIM is for the moment more theoretical oriented and they hope to become more practical because of how we fill in the entitlements?
abbie barbir bofa: Do we need to marry the use case with the entitlement model?
Mark Lambiase (SecureAuth): I do not think they believe they are operating in the realm of the theoretical, but that in the notion of Cloud Identity Management they, too, are looking to understand the entitlement model. Entitlements go beyond just creating/deleting accounts, or marking an account active/inactive.  Role/entitlement assignment, as we have seen, can become a messy business.  I believe they have worked out assigning roles, but do not have the authorization framework for how a role/attribute assigned via a SCIM process would be utilized.
Chris Kappler, PwC: I agree, thanks for the clarification
abbie barbir bofa: Radu: SCIM provide pluming our TC can provide the meaning to SCIM
abbie barbir bofa: Radu: SCIM provide pluming our TC can provide the meaning to SCIM
Need to provide meaning to entitlement in the form of syntax where reference id can be assigned. Meaning cannot be ambiguous
abbie barbir bofa: need to decide if we will do an ontology in this TC or not
abbie barbir bofa: Radu to provide SoD use case data for the F2F and show the role of ontology
anonymous morphed into Michael Poulin
abbie barbir bofa: Kammala cloud is available as a small ontology for free we can use it as a proof
Danny Thorpe (Dell): i joined late, after first roll call
abbie barbir bofa: Michael Poulin will need to detail his use case

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.