cloudauthz message

Subject: Re: [cloudauthz] informal modeling session - May 1st - minutes

Dear Radu and Mark,

Please, tell me what the model referred below depicts? Where I can _read_ about the goal, purpose and objectives of the model you're creating and modifying (since "Entitlements topic has been removed from the model")?

Regards,
- Michael Poulin

----- Original Message -----

From: Marian, Radu

Sent: 05/02/13 05:12 PM

To: cloudauthz@lists.oasis-open.org

Radu and Mark have met yesterday during bi-weekly informal modeling session.

We’ve discussed the recent changes in the model – posted here:

And made the following observations:

·        Entitlements topic has been removed from the model – now it is more of abstract concept – see next bullet.

·        Business Entitlements are Task(s) assigned to  User.

o   Business Entitlements serve as input to Provisioning phase.

·        Provisioning is the process of mapping Business Entitlements (i.e. Tasks for the User) to System Permissions.

·        System Permissions deal with System Resources such as Database, Table, Column, File, or Mainframe Data Set.

·        Application is a package of Tasks a User can execute during Runtime.

·        Add  more clarity by showing Device, Location, Policy in top funnel - as buckets - relevant to Access Design, Request, Approval - to generate Business Entitlements = User + Tasks.

·        Add more clarity to the bottom funnel - maybe a UML diagram for technical audience?

Regards,

Radu Marian, MSCS, SCEA, CISSP

Bank of America - Charlotte, NC

VP, Architect 2, Enterprise Security Architecture

Business phone number: (704) 628-6874

an Enterprise without Ontology is like a country without a map.

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.