clr-dev message

Subject: Re: [clr-dev] Genericode / CVA validation

I have myself recently written code in XSLT for a client that dynamically
validates codes against genericode code lists (not CVA, as the way codes
are identified for this client isn't XPaths).  Where performance isn't an
issue, and pre-compiling is a nuisance, it's fine, and compared to the
various other validations that are being done, the dynamic code list
validation isn't a significant overhead.

XSLT works well enough for simple genericode code lists, e.g. with a
single key and no references to external files.  For more complicated
situations, XQuery would probably be easier, but I'm yet to see a working
implementation of Schematron in XQuery (although I know people are looking
at this, does it already exist?).

Cheers, Tony.