clr-dev message

Subject: [Announce] Poll for hands-on XML training offerings in Europe Q1'2010 (CLR-Dev)

Please ignore the following if you have no interest in XML-related training.

In Q1'2010 I will be in Europe a couple of times for some standards
meetings (OASIS and ISO) and conferences ( http://www.XMLPrague.cz
and PEPPOL) and I like to take advantage of my presence there by
offering Crane's hands-on training classes in the week before or
after each of the events, open to public subscription.

I'll be in Copenhagen in February and in Prague and Stockholm in March.

But it is a gamble to decide on which training class to offer and
find no-one is interested in that particular topic, because of hotel
and event obligations that need to be paid in advance or reserved
with the risk of forfeit.  We realize not many people in these
economic times have money for training, so we are now trying to
target our offerings specifically where we learn there is demand and
availability of students.

Last year's http://www.XMLPrague.cz conference was great and we did
our training adjacent to the conference and our students were
conference attendees.  The venue we have chosen again in Prague next
year has room for only 6 students (a large 14th century hotel room),
so if XML training at this time of year and in conjunction with the
conference is of interest to you, it would be important to sign up
your interest soon.

To address this urgency to start making plans, I am polling the
various XML lists for any interest in training in these cities early
next year.  If you are interested in hands-on training on any of
XSLT, XQuery, XSL-FO, the Universal Business Language or code lists
in XML, and you would be interested in attending, please let us know
and we will figure out what we can do.  To see the proposed dates,
please visit:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/forms/interest.php
   (the page has links to syllabi)

On the form, please indicate all of the offered dates that you would
be interested in, and we'll make a decision based on the response
level we get for each class and date.

Thanks!  Please direct any questions to me off-list.

. . . . . . . . . Ken

p.s. it hasn't been decided but I might be in Perth Australia in
January or February, so you won't see it on the form, but if you are
in that area, please let me know in a mail message if you are
interested in training on any of our subjects and we'll see about
setting up a publicly-subscribed class.

cc: XML-Dev, XSL List, XQuery Talk, XML-Doc, UBL Dev, CLR Dev,
Antenna House list, RenderX list, MarkLogic list

--
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/c/i/
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/c/