clr-dev message

Subject: Re: [clr-dev] Context attributes

At 2010-10-11 20:49 -0500, ericdes wrote:
>Just a quick note to report a problem when running the 'test-all'
>script on Windows, which fires this message error:
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>org/eclipse/wst/xml/xpath2/processor/XPathParserException
>(Strange enough as I don't use Eclipse and the xsl transform is
>supposed to used XPath 1.0)

... and there is no Eclipse awareness in the cva2xsl
stylesheets.  This no doubt is related to a problem with invocation.

>I appears that the Xerces I downloaded from this location
>http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi
>(/xerces/j/Xerces-J-bin.2.10.0.zip) was the faulty guy. The exeption
>is gone when I use this download from
>http://archive.apache.org/dist/xerces/j/Xerces-J-tools.2.10.0.zip
>but... the script is stopping at this step:

Xerces is used to validate an XML document ... it doesn't support
XSLT.  The sister tool to Xerces that supports XSLT is named Xalan.

>Translating partner-agreed constraints into Schematron rules...
>  xslt order-constraints.cva
>       ..\utility\Crane-cva2schXSLT.xsl
>       order-constraints.sch.xsl
>Unable to access jarfile C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Oasis
>
>What is this file?

 From what I can find and recall, none of my files make reference to
a file or directory named "Oasis".  Is this perhaps an installation directory?

The files available at:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#codelist

have been tested with the Saxon XSLT processor and the XJParse
wrapper for Xerces:

   http://saxon.sf.net
   http://nwalsh.com/java/xjparse/

Section 4.3 of the readme-Crane-cva2sch.html file in the package
documents a working environment known to work with these stylesheets.

But I would like to pursue why things aren't working in your
environment ... but perhaps not on the public mail list.  The good
thing about addressing your questions publicly like this is it may
help readers of the archive if they have similar problems.  So I'll
invite you first to use the software documented in section 4.3 and
then if you need to use Xalan instead of Saxon we can try to see what
it will take to get it to work.  It should be simply a matter of
changing the "xslt.bat" file that currently invokes Saxon to invoke Xalan.

I hope this helps.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/c/i/