clr-dev message

Subject: Re: [clr-dev] Additional information about InstanceMetadataSets

At 2010-10-14 22:02 -0500, ericdes wrote:
>I don't see anything in the CVA format that would inform what a
>preferred code list would be, when there is a metadata in scope. A
>human mind would guess the newest codes (e.g. iso3166-2010.gc) would
>be the ones to use for new documents, but... what about computers?
>Or maybe it's not part of the CVA philosophy to care...

Indeed the specification doesn't care.

For data entry one might use a CVA file that only has the preferred
list, and then for validation use one that uses all lists.

Remember you can modularize CVA files so that one can include others.

I hope this helps.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/c/i/