clr-dev message

Subject: Re: [clr-dev] SKOS representation?

At 2013-07-17 10:53 +0000, Wackerow, Joachim wrote:
I'm wondering if there exists a mapping from Genericode to SKOS or another approach to represent codelists in SKOS (originally written in Genericode).
Any comments are appreciated.

No-one has brought such a transformation to my attention.

We are exploring how to represent the DDI Controlled Vocabularies in SKOS (currently available in Genericode, HTML, and Excel).
http://www.ddialliance.org/Specification/DDI-CV/
http://www.ddialliance.org/controlled-vocabularies

Reviewing the primer at http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/ (I've not heard of SKOS before), your project sounds interesting. Can you share how you expect to exploit the DDI values once they are in SKOS format?

Certainly XSLT will allow you to translate genericode into RDF/XML (or even TURTLE using the text method for XSLT output serialization).

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, and UBL classes in the Netherlands     Oct 2013 |
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Australia Oct 2013 |