cmis-browser message

Subject: Latest Browser Binding document

Hi,

I re-read the latest document and I have a few comments and questions.

- Section 1.3.2.1: datetime should be a number, not a string.
  What does the "unencoded url" comment mean? It's a URI, not necessarily a URL.

- Section 1.3.3: Can I mix both addressing schemes? What happens if I retrieve GET /cmis/repository/123/myFolder/myDocument?objectId=0192018282 ?
  I think the objectId should overrule the path. That would allow links like <a href="?objectId=0192018282"> without knowing where in the hierarchy I am.

- Section 1.3.8: Should we recommend the support of HTTP Basic Authentication + TLS?
  Here is the corresponding excerpt from the Atom spec: "At a minimum, client and server implementations MUST be capable of being configured to use HTTP Basic Authentication [RFC2617] in conjunction with a connection made with TLS 1.0 [RFC2246] or a subsequent standards-track version of TLS (such as [RFC4346]), supporting the conventions for using HTTP over TLS described in [RFC2818]."

- Section 1.4.1: What about getRepositoryInfos with a parameter repositoryId - similar to the AtomPub binding.

- Section 1.4.3.1: How do I create an unfiled document? Should we provide an "unfiled URL" in the repository info?
  How should the versioningState be transported? For HTML forms it is easier to do that within the payload and not as parameter.

- Section 1.4.3.1.1: I'm not really happy with that. POSTing to the folders path and to the folders objectId should produce the same result - similar to GET. I have no good solution, though.

- Section 1.4.3.1.2: It should also, at least, return the newly created object id. The AtomPub binding returns the whole object. Maybe we can do the same here.
  Can the server choose which URL it sends back in the Location header? /cmis/repository/123/myFolder/myNewDocument and /cmis/repository/123?objectId={newDocId} are equivalent.

Additionally, I think we need some kind of schema description for JSON. Examples can never describe all possible cases. But that is important for interoperability.
I have looked around and found a few attempts but they are all immature and don't fit our needs. We should invent something that unambiguously defines the JSON structures.

Cheers,

Florian