cmis-browser message

Subject: Fw: [cmis-browser] Ref is not an offical part of orderly

resending - first attempt bounced

Gregory Melahn
STSM
IBM Collaboration Solutions
melahn@us.ibm.com
919 254 0295

----- Forwarded by Gregory Melahn/Raleigh/IBM on 11/17/2010 02:49 PM -----

Gregory Melahn/Raleigh/IBM

Jens Hübel <jhuebel@opentext.com>

cmis-browser@lists.oasis-open.org

11/17/2010 08:08 AM

Re: [cmis-browser] Ref is not an offical part of orderly

Yes I had pointed that out as one of the weaknesses. We need to pin down the definition of ref (as well as possibly add another element for map as Florian has suggested) if we decide to use Orderly.

I have been having a discussion with the OASIS attorney on our potential use of Orderly and he has provided some guidance which I will be forwarding to the SC for discussion on Monday. I have also asked him if he could join our discussion on Monday.

Gregory Melahn
STSM
IBM Collaboration Solutions
melahn@us.ibm.com
919 254 0295

Inactive hide details for Jens Hübel ---11/17/2010 07:16:46 AM---Hi,Jens Hübel ---11/17/2010 07:16:46 AM---Hi,

Jens Hübel <jhuebel@opentext.com>

<cmis-browser@lists.oasis-open.org>

11/17/2010 07:16 AM

[cmis-browser] Ref is not an offical part of orderly

Hi,

not sure if anyone has noticed this (and not sure how much this is an issue).

There is this little word “TODO” in the references section on http://orderly-json.org/docs

The only normative piece is the grammar (on the same page). The grammar currently does not define the ref element.
This means that none of the validation tools today accepts this (including the one on the web page). It also means
that we can’t use it for our formal schema definition in case that it must be based on the normative grammar.

I only mention this, because our current proposal makes heavy use of this and we probably need this.  There also seems to be no mechanism to assign an element to a reference “namespace”.

Does this have any impact?

Jens