cmis-browser message

Subject: Re: [cmis-browser] Proposal: Introduce Orderly Id to schema

Thanks for writing this up Jens, and following up with the Orderly mailing list.

I created Jira issue 703 http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CMIS-703 and assigned it to you per the discussion from Monday. I copied in your example and provided a short write, but please add what other information you think is useful.

Regards,

Gregory Melahn
STSM
IBM Collaboration Solutions
melahn@us.ibm.com
919 254 0295

Inactive hide details for Jens Hübel ---01/21/2011 06:29:01 AM---Hi all,Jens Hübel ---01/21/2011 06:29:01 AM---Hi all,

Jens Hübel <jhuebel@opentext.com>

<cmis-browser@lists.oasis-open.org>

01/21/2011 06:29 AM

[cmis-browser] Proposal: Introduce Orderly Id to schema

Hi all,

as we have discussed in our last call I have attached a modified version of our Orderly schema. It is only a trivial change: Every element has now an id tag with the name that we had as a comment before. This allows referencing between different elements.

Example:
object {
      id "http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/browser/201103/repositoryCapabilities";
      string  capabilityACL ["none", "discover", "manage"];
      boolean capabilityAllVersionsSearchable;
}*;

object {
      id "http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/browser/201103/repositoryInfo"
      string repositoryId;
      string repositoryName;
      string repositoryDescription;
      ref "http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/browser/201103/repositoryCapabilities" capabilities;
}*;

As I have said this not standard Orderly, but would be useful. No one of the (few) existing Orderly tools will understand this. However they are generating JSON schema and JSON schema would support this.

I have sent an email to the Orderly mailing list to ask about the ref status, but did not get a reply so far. We can discuss if we want to use this mechanism or not.

Jens
[attachment "cmis-schema-v0.1-browserbinding.orderly" deleted by Gregory Melahn/Raleigh/IBM] ---------------------------------------------------------------------