cmis-comment message

Subject: how to manage hierarchial documents

Am new to CMIS so sorry if this is a naïve question.

I am trying to map CMIS onto a CMS model where a ‘folder’ is merely a Document that has its ‘may contain other Documents’ flag set to true.  So a Document may have both a content stream and one or more child (file-able) Documents.

The only solution that I see is to only support only one Folder (the root folder) and to manage containment via CMIS Relationships (i.e. a ‘contains’ type relationship).

If this is not the correct forum for this sort of question please re-direct me.

Thanks,

David

hp_emailLogo

David Churchland
R&D | Information Management, HP Software

email: david.churchland@hp.com.au

Melbourne | Australia