cmis-comment message

Subject: unfiled policies via AtomPub

The CMIS 1.0 spec states that when posting a non-existent document (which I assume is synonymous with object at this point) to the unfiled collection ‘the appropriate HTTP (error) status code must be returned”.

I cannot see any way that CMIS AtomPub will allow for the creation of a non-fileable Policy.  I would like to be able to post it to the Unfiled Collection similar to the Folder Children collection which allows objects to be either added as children, or created (if objectId is not present).

Please accept my apologies if my limited knowledge of REST/AtomPub has led me to make a nonsensical suggestion.

Thanks,

David Churchland