cmis-comment message

Subject: Opportunity for interop testing with SharePoint

Sending this via the -comment distribution list; I believe that's the appropriate vehicle for announcements like this.

CMIS Committee:

In the spirit of collaborative interop testing, I wanted to let everyone know about an opportunity that will be coming up this summer.  We’ve been working on an update to the SharePoint CMIS producer that includes over 100 fixes, including ones submitted by various members of the committee, and others which were found during the plugfest last year.

We’d love to get feedback from interested parties before we ship the updated CMIS producer.  To that end, we’ll be hosting an instance of SharePoint with the producer configured for a couple of months this summer.  Assuming you can accept an agreement that will mutually protect IP rights, we will provide you with an IP address and log-in credentials and you’ll be able to test your consumers and applications against SharePoint without having to install it.

Of course, the updated producer will be broadly available for anyone to install and use shortly, but participating in this program and can help us find and troubleshoot issues quicker and it should be pretty simple to have your test teams use this service.  If you or someone at your organization is interested, please email the following information to cmisinterop2012@microsoft.com:
·         Primary Contact Name:
·         Primary Contact Email:
·         Company:
·         Product/Consuming application to test:
·         Scenario to validate:
·         Preferred authentication mechanism for your application (e.g. Basic, NTLM, et cetera):

If you send mail with this information, we'll contact you closer to when the program launches with next steps.

Thanks,

Adam Harmetz

Microsoft Corporation