cmis-comment message

Subject: Renditions and multi filing

Dear CMIS Team,

Thanks a lot for your great work!

I studied the CMIS specification 1.1 and missed the feature to set
renditions of an object via client. It would be great to be able to
upload a client side generated thumbnail to the server. Or uploading
alternative NTFS file streams/MacOS resource forks.

My second question/feature request is the multi filing capability:
Is there a possibility to multi file a content stream only (e.g. by id)?
If I am understanding the multi filing correctly, only the complete
object with all its attributes can exist on multiple folders, but not
just the content stream. That would be a great feature for deduplication
of content streams and avoid multiple content stream down/uploads for
objects with different meta data and the same content stream.

Is it possible to implement this points with the spec version 1.1, or
would you add this features to a future version of the spec?

Best regards

Till Lorentzen

--
Software Developer

GRAU DATA AG
Marie-Curie-Str. 19
73529 Schwäbisch Gmünd

Amtsgericht ULM: HRB 701807
USt-ID-Nr.: DE210200743
Vorstand: Herbert Grau, CTO Ulrich Lechner
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Friedhelm Steinhilber