cmis-marketing message

Subject: Notes from CMIS Marketing Group meeting, 8 May 2012

Thanks to everyone who attended the first CMIS Marketing Group meeting on 8 May. If you missed it, slides are available at the link below.

The call was a good opportunity for us to get to know one another and review some of the activities we might choose to pursue. A few notes:

- We'll identify and recommend potential venues for Interop demos in Europe and North America to the TC. Possible events include Big Data World (London, 19-20 Sept), DMS Expo (Stuttgart, 23-25 Oct), Gartner Symposium (Orlando, 21-25 Oct). Additional ideas are welcome.

- We should also identify relevant conferences for CMIS presentations, panels, workshops, BoFs, and co-sponsorships. Jane Harnad (OASIS Events Manager) will coordinate input on these.

- Case studies are needed. Can we identify users willing/ready to discuss?

- A forward-looking approach to CMIS would show continued relevancy and capture attention. Can we articulate CMIS' application to Big Data via use cases and interop demo at Big Data World?

- An online product directory would be helpful. Any vendor should be able to list CMIS products; OASIS Sponsors should get special treatment (logo, boldface, etc.)

- CMIS book authored by several TC members is underway and may be published in early 2013. Marketing Group may help promote it.

We can discuss these and other projects in detail via email. Our next call will be on Tuesday, 12 June, at 15:00 UTC (11:00 Boston, 17:00 Paris).

All the best,
Carol

Slides from 8 May 2012 Meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cmis-marketing/download.php/45976/CMIS-marketing-group-2012-05-08.pptx

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
YouTube:    http://www.youtube.com/oasisopen