Subject: F2F ballot

To all:

As of now, the leading option in the F2F ballot is "21-23 April in
Basel", with 12 votes. We typically need 13 voting members to make
quoram. To commit to a F2F meeting, we need an additional margin to
cushion any change in the voting population and any last-minute change
in participants' travel plan. We can not count on remote attendees since
9am-5pm in Basel is 3am-11am Eastern time and midnight-8am Pacific time.
The last thing we want to happen is to have people showed up in Basel
without a quoram. Putting quoram aside, we do want as many members to
attend the meeting as possible. Given the current economic climate,
travel is severely constrained for many.

One alternative, in lieu of F2F, is to have a Net Meeting, say for 2-3
hours each day for 4 days. One example is 7am-10am Pacific, 10am-1pm
Eastern, 4pm-7pm Central Europe, from Monday 20 April to Thursday 23
April. (The start time is a bit early for Pacific, but it still beats
jet lag if we all can travel.) We can fine-tune the time if this
approach is workable. I'll create another ballot for this fourth option.
Please vote Yes for this option before Monday if you can participate in
a "significant portion" of this Net Meeting. You can decide what
"significant portion" means to you, and you can use the comment field to
propose refinement to this option. A "Yes" vote does not mean "No" to
the other options. This is literally the 4th option of the previous
ballot which is still open - you can vote for all 4.

If we decide to take this option, we can do interop testing remotely,
and it does not need to be conducted during this Net Meeting. We can
pick a suitable time whenever the spec is stable and people have a
chance to refresh their implementations. We can also do it more
frequently if we want to.

david