Subject: Re: [cmis] Groups - CMIS Namespace Proposal (NamespaceProposal.pdf)uploaded

Jens Hübel wrote:
> Thanks Julian for the quick reply. The issue you are bringing up is definitely something that needs further discussion.
>
> Our design goal was to be as much conformant as possible to the SQL-92 syntax restrictions and to stay close to the existing spec. URIs also may have the problem to increase the amount of data significantly. So if you have good ideas how to integrate your proposal with the existing spec please post your suggestions.

URIs as namespace names do not really affect data size, unless they are
stored with every instance. This can be easily avoided by interning them
in the server (either explicitly in a registry (JCR), or implicitly).
And on the wire, one would use prefixes in the XML.

BR, Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH, Hafenweg 16, D-48155 Münster, Germany
Amtsgericht Münster: HRB5782