Subject: Re: [cmis] Versions of the Specification and Planning... (v0.52 vs. v0.6)

I've create a page as a placeholder on the wiki to represent the schedule and what is in the versions. Hopefully the discussion on Monday and the page of the projected containers with what is in it, should help #1.

I'd also rather use .6 for the plugfest and interoperability testing.

-Al

Al Brown
Emerging Standards and Industry Frameworks
CMIS: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMCMIS/Home
Industry Frameworks: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMIF/Home

Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.

Inactive hide details for David Nuescheler ---04/02/2009 12:01:07 AM---hi david (choy), dave (caruana) & jensDavid Nuescheler ---04/02/2009 12:01:07 AM---hi david (choy), dave (caruana) & jens

David Nuescheler <david@day.com>

Jens Hübel <jhuebel@opentext.com>

David Caruana <david.caruana@alfresco.com>, cmis@lists.oasis-open.org

04/02/2009 12:01 AM

Re: [cmis] Versions of the Specification and Planning... (v0.52 vs. v0.6)

hi david (choy), dave (caruana) & jens

i was just about to raise the topic again as i saw dave caruana's
email. thanks a lot for bringing it up again.

(1) i would like to propose that we use some sort of more formal planning
of the next versions and deadlines, this would probably make sense to have
it as part of the minutes... i fully appreciate that these deadlines are moving
as we uncover more details and i have no problem with that at all,
i just think it would be great if we could include one line in the minutes
that says:
"we are shooting for the 0.xx draft of the specification for xx-xxx-2009"

in the JCR minutes of our status calls i tried to include (an ever moving)
schedule that sort of looks like this.
http://www.day.com/o.file/schedule.png?get=38fec6632b79928edd5ab71fad266d61

(2) personally, i think that given the level of changes that we made to the
specification since 0.5 i would rather not use 0.5 as a baseline for the
plugfest, but i would rather use a loose interpretation of 0.6. i think for
serious interop testing beyond the the usual "display a feed" example
i find the spec is still heavily underspecified at this point and we are still
lacking the "pseudo-code" test cases that really help to understand
the verbiage of the specification.
so, personally i would rather use a draft version of 0.6.

regards,
david