Subject: Re: [cmis] Apache Chemistry

Hi All,

I am definitely excited to see that we seem to manage to attract a
number of different parties in an open source implementation that is
licensed liberally enough and architected in a way that it allows different
parties to contribute and use.

In JCR we had four independent open source implementations very quickly,
which is a double-edged sword since on the positive side it creates competition
and on the negative side divides the fragile initial community into many
different parties.

From an Apache process perspective we will hopefully have the infrastructure
set up this week (hopefully by Thursday) as Jukka (Champion & Mentors of
Chemistry while incubating) is working on getting things setup as we "speak".

Looking forward to see as many TC members as possible contributing to
Apache Chemistry, everybody is very welcome ;)

regards,
david