Subject: Re: [cmis] Hierarchy Extensions to Atom Feeds

Thanks Robin & David. I've looked at this in the past however, I am not sure how it maps to children/parent semantics in CMIS. I am also not sure if we want to model feeds and entries as master/detail rather than feed/entry.

I do think the I-D has a couple of interesting points:
- using 'detail' link relation to represent children of a folder on the folder's atom entry
- utilizing app:collection tag in the atom feed

This is definitely worth spending more time thinking over.

-Al

Al Brown
Emerging Standards and Industry Frameworks
CMIS: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMCMIS/Home
Industry Frameworks: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMIF/Home

Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.

Inactive hide details for Robin Cover ---05/07/2009 09:09:50 AM---> Perhaps there's overlap.Robin Cover ---05/07/2009 09:09:50 AM---> Perhaps there's overlap.

Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>

David Caruana <david.caruana@alfresco.com>

cmis@lists.oasis-open.org

05/07/2009 09:09 AM

Re: [cmis] Hierarchy Extensions to Atom Feeds

> Perhaps there's overlap.

See some earlier discussion about "overlap" referenced here:

http://xml.coverpages.org/draft-divilly-atompub-hierarchy-00.txt
http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletter/news2009-05-05.html#cite3

- Robin

Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio:
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#cover
Cover Pages: