Subject: Nikunj's blog postings on AtomPub vs CMIS

Hi,

to those who haven't seen then yet, I'd recommend reading Nikunj's
latest postings on AtomPub vs CMIS, such as

<http://o-micron.blogspot.com/2009/05/cmis-ii-cmissing-good-old-atompub.html>

where he says:

"In my earlier post on AtomPub vs. CMIS, I expressed concern that new
constraints on Atom syntax introduced by CMIS go so far as to rule out
using a standard AtomPub client with a CMIS AtomPub server. In theory,
one could say that adding a new required element to Atom's schema is a
non-starter. However, if there is a desire for CMIS servers to support
standard AtomPub clients, then the current spec is quite far from that
goal."

...which concerns me a lot.

Rephrasing the question a bit: have there been attempts to use a
non-CMIS AtomPub client to post a CMIS server? What was the outcome?

Best regards, Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH, Hafenweg 16, D-48155 Münster, Germany
Amtsgericht Münster: HRB5782