Subject: Re: [cmis] Nikunj's blog postings on AtomPub vs CMIS

Can you send me the atom & app as rng xml notation if you have the tools set up?

>Now that's the issue. When you use them to *parse*, do the behave
>correctly with respect to the extensibility rules?
It is definitely of interest, not sure if it is an issue.  These XSDs won't parse atom entries without the cmis terminator tag due to the xs:any issue and unique particle issue.  However, CMIS does not mandate that these are used.  Clients/Servers could try with these XSDs if CMIS.  If that does not succeed, try with normal atom XSDs.  Definitely not ideal.

The spec states it is repository specific what happens when a non atom entry media type or atom entry media type without cmis info is POST'ed to a collection.  It suggests that the repository may create an instance of a document of a default type.

That is in the children's POST section.

-Al

Al Brown
Emerging Standards and Industry Frameworks
CMIS: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMCMIS/Home
Industry Frameworks: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMIF/Home

Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.

Inactive hide details for Julian Reschke ---05/14/2009 12:27:52 AM---Al Brown wrote:Julian Reschke ---05/14/2009 12:27:52 AM---Al Brown wrote:

Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>

Al Brown/Costa Mesa/IBM@IBMUS

Choy_David@emc.com, cmis@lists.oasis-open.org, david.caruana@alfresco.com, julian.reschke@greenbytes.de

05/14/2009 12:27 AM

Re: [cmis] Nikunj's blog postings on AtomPub vs CMIS

Al Brown wrote:
> Agreed. RNC is easier to read. The problem with compact notation is
> using it with tools. Most tools if they support rng, support the xml
> version. The rnc2rng (just tried) does not work well on the atom rng. At
> least, does not generate an xml file that works with xjc.

I use James Clark's "trang".... The following seems to work just fine:

(1) saxon
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc4287.xml
extract-artwork.xslt name=collected-grammar.rnc > rfc4287-grammar.rnc

(2) java -jar trang.jar  -I rnc -O rng rfc4287-grammar.rnc
rfc4287-grammar.rng

> The XSDs with the CMIS are useful for creating plain java objects you
> can quickly use to generate appropriate XML as well as parse XML into
> these objects.

Now that's the issue. When you use them to *parse*, do the behave
correctly with respect to the extensibility rules?

BR, Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH, Hafenweg 16, D-48155 Münster, Germany
Amtsgericht Münster: HRB5782