Subject: Re: [cmis] "CMIS logo"; Agenda for Monday

hi john,

i completely agree that it does not make sense to endorse something
that has "strings attached".

i don't think there would be any restrictions on usage other than imposed
by oasis or this tc. from my conversations with oliver i don't think that
wants to retain any rights whatsoever, probably not even ip.
for the arguments sake you can consider it "apache-style" licensed.

i think the usage limitations would come from oasis or this tc, where if
i understand david choy's note oasis has a practice around licensing of
an "official" logo. keep in mind that it was not oliver's original intent to
create an official logo, but just something that we could use in our
presentations and signage that has a "visual anchor" attached to it and
in absence of a logo at this stage (being a professional designer) he just
designed one...

(of course i personally really like the logo ;)

regards,
david