Subject: RE: [cmis] Specifying natural language for a document

CMIS itself does not include support for multi-language objects (docs & folders) though the renditions proposal is a step forward. The renditions proposal allows a docId for each rendition which could hold enough info to return the language-specific version of the properties. E.g., the [cmis] docId in the rendition could be "24;fr-FR" for the french version of #24.

In REST/AtomPub when you expose the children, each atom entry should include addition link elements like:

<link rel="alternate" href=""<service>/documents/24?lang=fr-FR" hreflang="fr-FR" />

That would at least expose the alternate language versions of the object via REST.

-Al

Al Brown
Emerging Standards and Industry Frameworks
CMIS: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMCMIS/Home
Industry Frameworks: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMIF/Home

Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.

Inactive hide details for "Doug Domeny" ---06/11/2009 02:46:54 PM---I'm working on Rest/Atom binding, so I'm thinking of someth"Doug Domeny" ---06/11/2009 02:46:54 PM---I'm working on Rest/Atom binding, so I'm thinking of something like:

"Doug Domeny" <ddomeny@ektron.com>

<Randall_Craig@emc.com>

<cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>

06/11/2009 02:46 PM

RE: [cmis] Specifying natural language for a document

I'm working on Rest/Atom binding, so I'm thinking of something like:

<service>/folders/<folder-id>/children?lang=fr

However, 'lang' is not a CMIS-defined parameter.

Additionally, at Ektron, content ids are the same across languages. That is, content id 24 can exist for English, Spanish, and French. So,

<service>/documents/24 refers to the same content, but translated into multiple languages.

Therefore, I would need either some session/cookie variable or query string variable to specify the language.

<service>/documents/24?lang=fr-FR

I'm wondering how others have dealt with language when not using query.

Thanks,
Doug