Subject: CMIS Atom WG #4 notes

Attendees:
Oracle
Doug Domeny
David Choy
Al Brown

The group would like to propose option #3 (extension element containing a set of atom entries). The reasoning was:
- Hierarchy at atom seems to be a topic for the new wg if formed. I do not believe there is general consensus around hierarchy on atom-syntax.
- Once the atom group decides on a common way forward (stable I-D/rfc) for hierarchy, we should adopt
- As such, we should leverage our own simple extension
- Extensions in link are relatively new and not the normal path so the normal mechanism was chosen (extension element in atom:entry)
- Less risky to cause client problems
- Since this is our own extension, clients will either ignore it if they don't understand cmis or use it if they do
- since clients have to understand the extension to use, feed is unnecessary
- the only item that was not duplicated between atom:entry and atom:feed in the samples were the app:collection element. This can be added as well. app:accept is the useful part of app:collection but is not required/necessary as the protocol is sufficient for handling POST'ing of unsupported types. (Roy Fielding)
- We should also allow foreign markup in the extension to help address those scenarios.
- Therefore we should make the extension as simple as possible until atom community has a stable way forward

This should also be stated in the specification to look for hierarchy support in atom in the future and adopt. Since Cornelia was active and not available for this time, we'd like to give Cornelia time to review and optionally another call where we all can discuss.

-Al

Al Brown
Emerging Standards and Industry Frameworks
CMIS: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMCMIS/Home
Industry Frameworks: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMIF/Home

Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.