Subject: Re: [cmis] RE: How should multi-valued choice lists be checked?

If I now pass a ColorModel property with a value of {“blue”, “green”, “red”} in a create…() call. Is this an allowed value or should a ConstraintViolation be thrown in this case?
Al - I would leave this to the repository and not mandate either way on the specification.

Primarily I guess ordering is intended in this context how to display the sequence in a UI. But is it also to be used for constraint checking and is it meant to be “recursive” in this case?
Al - I do not believe so. It was mainly meant to express if a repository supports multi-valued choice lists a way of expressing them. I believe all behavior if not obvious is repository specific.

How do others have implemented this? Does this need clarification in the spec? I am not sure if we should make something repository specific on this level.
Al - Our model is slightly different from yours displayed. Choice lists can be hierarchical such as (Country) -> (State/Region) -> City and mostly used with single value properties (e.g., only one item selected). If used with multi-valued properties, then multiple single elements can be chosen.

-Al

Al Brown
Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.

Inactive hide details for "Goetz, Paul" ---11/04/2009 10:07:35 AM---Hi Jens, since I lack any deep knowledge about this, I woul"Goetz, Paul" ---11/04/2009 10:07:35 AM---Hi Jens, since I lack any deep knowledge about this, I would simply assume the following: Ordering i

From: "Goetz, Paul" <paul.goetz@sap.com>
To: Jens Hübel <jhuebel@opentext.com>
Cc: "cmis@lists.oasis-open.org" <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 11/04/2009 10:07 AM

Hi Jens,

since I lack any deep knowledge about this, I would simply assume the following: Ordering is something for the client.
Thus:
a) the ordering provided by the client should be preserved by the server. in your case the provided ColorModel property value on create...() should result in the same value being returned by the server on consecutive get...() calls. That's what I would consider as "explicit ordered" (by the client).
b) the ordering should not be used as constraint on the server side. (if there are such constraints, then this would be something repository specific and not be expressed in the CMIS model, at least for my understanding).

At least that's the way SAP KM implemented it... :o)

Best regards,
Paul