Subject: RE: [cmis] CMIS and Events; Run-at target

To all TC members (especially to those who were not able to call in
today):

Jane Harnad (OASIS Manager of Events) shared with us today her thoughts
on possible future CMIS events. Of particular interest to us seemed to
be AIIM Conf/Expo (April 20-22, 2010). IECM has been a supporter of CMIS
and the event seemed timely since there is a reasonable chance to have
CMIS 1.0 approved by then. If we plan for a demo again, for example,
perhaps more vendors can participate this time given a longer runway. At
this point, we are open to suggestion, and we will see what iECM would
propose. Jane and Betsy will handle coordination between OASIS and AIIM.
If there are other events that you think the TC should organize or
participate, please bring them to TC's attention. Jane has compiled a
list of possibilities (attached below).

Going forward, the TC decided today to defer to v2.0 any "substantive"
change to the spec unless it is a must for v1.0. After the current
Public Review, if we are not required to conduct another Pub Review, our
"run-at" goal is to submit the spec for OASIS approval before January
15th. (OASIS accepts approval requests once a month on the 15th. To my
knowledge, this approval process takes about 2 months.) To do so, we
need to produce a final draft shortly after the close of Pub Review
(December 22nd), and have it ready for a Special Majority Vote (to be
conducted by TC Administrator) shortly after the New Year. Obviously, a
lot of pressure will be put on our Editors. However, all of us can help
by reviewing the spec now and identify places where clarification is
needed so as to reduce last-minute crunch. Also, be prepared to vote
shortly after the New Year. We need a "yes" vote by least 2/3 of the
voting members to go forward. Abstention does not help.

For the remainder of 2009, we will continue with our biweekly meeting.
The last meeting will be on December 21st, one day before the close of
Public Review. The January 4th meeting is canceled. The first meeting in
2010 is on January 11th.

Regards,

David