Subject: CD06; Next 2 TC meetings; Statement of Use

Happy New Year to all!

For those who were not able to attend today's TC meeting:

-	The TC voted to make further change in the spec per today's
discussion on #596 to produce CD06. It also approved CD06, incorporating
this change, as a Committed Draft, and approved its submission for
public review.
We have therefore withdrawn CD05 from pub review before it begins. The
net delay caused by this change is basically the additional editing
time.

-	Given the stage we are currently in, it would not be productive
to continue to hold meetings at a fixed interval. We decided to hold our
next two meetings on Monday January 25th and on Monday February 1st, at
the usual time. Our slightly revised plan is to resolve all pending
issues (if there is any) at the Jan 25th meeting and produce a final
draft during that week. Hopefully pub review will also close around that
time. Then at the Feb 1st meeting we intend to approve the final draft
as a Committee Draft, and (assuming there is no substantive change) vote
to request a "Committee Spec" ballot and a "Submission for approval"
ballot. Both are 7-day electronic ballots conducted by OASIS. We are
still aiming to submit the spec by February 15th. However, not all steps
are under our control.

-	We still need a third Statement of Use by the end of January,
and preferably additional ones in case not all statements meet OASIS
requirement. Without three Statements, we will not be able to request
the "submission" ballot.

Regards,

david