Subject: Re: [cmis] Rendition AtomPub and domain model inconsistency

So I can better understand, what is the use case in atompub where the client has a streamid?

Why is the uri not sufficient to  differentiate the resources?

The only use case I see is an api layer that supports both ws and atompub and uses the streamid above.  In that scenario why wouldn't the layer surface the uri as streamid above?
Sent from BlackBerry.

----- Original Message -----
From: Florent Guillaume [fg@nuxeo.com]
Sent: 02/09/2010 03:37 PM CET
To: cmis <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>

CMIS-630 was deferred from previous meetings. David C suggested we
resolve it via
email discussion, so here it is. For convenience, in the JIRA issue I wrote:

There is a slight inconsistency between the domain model and the
AtomPub way of exposing renditions.
In the domain model a rendition has a unique id and a non-unique kind.
This is exposed through <cmis:rendition>.
But in the AtomPub rel=alternate links only cmisra:renditionKind is exposed.
So, given a just rendition id, if there are several renditions of the
same kind, an AtomPub client has no way of choosing which rendition
link to use.

To fix this, we can add a cmisra:streamId attribute to the atom:link
element, but this would require a spec change so I'd think it's
logical to defer this to 2.0.

In the meantime unofficially I would advise server vendors to use
rendition links of the form http://...?streamId=foo which would help
clients introspect these URIs and choose the correct one.

What do you think?

Florent