Subject: Re: [cmis] Re: cmis-spec-v0.1-browserbinding.doc

Hi Mary,

I am still trying to understand the rules better,

Does that mean we cannot use Google Docs at all? Could we use it as a way for the SC to jointly edit parts of the document and then I could merge in the changes to the revisions that I post to OASIS. That could all be done in the open.

For example, supposed David wants contribute a section on use cases. David could put that in the Google Docs document and the SC could all jointly edit that document for a while and when it is ready I could merge into revision 0.12 of the document I post to the SC.

Gregory Melahn
STSM
IBM Lotus Quickr - http://www.ibm.com/lotus/quickr
melahn@us.ibm.com
919 254 0295

Inactive hide details for Mary McRae ---08/09/2010 10:02:55 AM---Hi Gregory, Google Docs is not an acceptable resource for TC wMary McRae ---08/09/2010 10:02:55 AM---Hi Gregory, Google Docs is not an acceptable resource for TC work; all work must be conducted on OASIS-provided or OASIS-appr

Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

Gregory Melahn/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, CMIS TC Discussion List <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>

08/09/2010 10:02 AM

[cmis] Re: cmis-spec-v0.1-browserbinding.doc

Hi Gregory,

Google Docs is not an acceptable resource for TC work; all work must be conducted on OASIS-provided or OASIS-approved tools and technologies. This ensures that all work is always publicly visible and write permissions are kept in sync with the TC roster.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.