Subject: Survey for F2F meeting/plugfest; CMIS event at AIIM 2011

To all:

I have just set up a survey for F2F meeting/plugfest using the Kavi ballot tool. It is a bit awkward since a ballot allows only one question. But, doing a single ballot is still better than doing multiple ballots and then trying to correlate the individual responses. The poll will close just before the next TC meeting. All TC members are invited to participate. We need your input to determine if there is sufficient interest in holding a F2F.

Separately, at today’s meeting, Jane Harnad and Betsy Fanning invited the TC to consider holding a CMIS event at the upcoming AIIM Conf/Expo (March 21-24, Washington DC), such as doing a CMIS demo. A conference room may be made available to us for this event. Since this is less than 2 months away, quick actions are needed if this is to happen. I suggest that any TC member who is interested in participating in such a demo replies to this thread. Demo’ing a CMIS application needs to be on-site. Conference registration might not be necessary(?). On the other hand, CMIS server can be remote as long as it is Internet-accessible (outside a company’s firewall). If there is sufficient interest, pair-wise and limited interop testing needs to be conducted. We can use our Interop Testing wiki page for coordination. Thorough testing may be deferred to plugfest.

Regards,

David