Subject: Next Monday's TC meeting canceled; Deadline for submission for CMISproduct list

Hi all,

Apparently the next Monday (13 June) is a holiday for a number of countries in Europe. I am cancelling Monday’s TC meeting. We do not have a big agenda anyway. The next TC meeting will be on 27 June.

I do want to remind everyone that the deadline for submitting your CMIS product for inclusion in a forthcoming AIIM booklet is 15 June. If you cannot find the template, it is attached here again. For information, please contact Betsy Fanning directly.

I spoke with Chet Ensign, our new TC Administrator, after our F2F. He would put our request at the front of the queue, and agreed that a TC should be able to request a Committee Specification Draft and Public Review as a single step. As you know, the 15-day public review of CMIS 1.0 Errata started yesterday.

For those who were not able to attend the F2F, below is a summary of the outcome:

* The TC formally decided the next release shall be v1.1, a quicker release aiming to increase adoption. Following v1.1, v2.0 is to address additional use cases. Proposals for v2.0 can be developed in parallel, but drafting of the v2.0 spec will not start until the v1.1 spec is stabilized.

* The Browser Binding proposal was accepted, and was approved as an optional feature for v1.1.

* Martin et al. are to submit a new version of the retention and legal hold proposal based on secondary type. A presentation was uploaded to Kavi.

* Florian is to polish the secondary object type proposal.

* The level of interest on stored query (#717), virtual folder (#718), and Lucene syntax (#661) seemed to be low. Unless there is a strong push in the next month or so, these issues will be closed.

* On the annotation proposal, the recommendation to James and Alex was to conduct a study to identify common annotation semantics, if any, among different implementations, which can then be used as a basis for defining interoperability.

* The plugfest was successful and accomplished its objective. Many pair-wise tests went smoothly. A few vendors found some problems in their implementation that need to be fixed.

Regards,

david

CMIS_Product_Report_Template.docx