Subject: Re: [cmis] [DRAFT REVIEW] V1.1 Working Draft 03

Thanks David. I have updated the draft [1].

I have two comments.

> Do we need to mention Approved Errata for v1.0?
That's a question for the OASIS staff.

> Therefore, the "creatable", "fileable", "queryable", "controllablePolicy", "controllableACL", "fulltextIndexed", and "includedInSupertypeQuery" object type attributes are not applicable to a secondary object type and must be set to FALSE.
We should discuss the "queryable" and "includedInSupertypeQuery" aspects. A secondary type can be queryable, even if the primary type of an object is not queryable. A repository might have different indices for primary and secondary types. I think the "queryable" flag makes sense for secondary types. The "includedInSupertypeQuery" makes also sense for hierarchies of secondary types.

Florian

From: David Choy <david.choy500@gmail.com>
To: "cmis@lists.oasis-open.org" <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cmis] [DRAFT REVIEW] V1.1 Working Draft 03

Comments on V1.1 WD 03:

Cover page, "Previous version": Do we need to mention Approved Errata for v1.0?

2.1.3.1 third bullet (p.23): "four base types" - should be six?

2.1.3.3.2 "required" subsection (p.27): typo "non-sytem"

2.1.3.3.6 (p.30): "larger than" should be "longer than"?

2.1.2 and 2.1.3: It may be helpful to cover the following points up front for secondary type. Currently the description is very brief.

 * An object must have one and only one primary object type, which cannot be changed.  An object's primary object type may be simply called its object type. The primary object type of an object classifies the object and defines the properties that the object must have.

 * An object may have zero or more secondary object types applied to it.  A secondary type is a named marking that may add extra properties to an object in addition to the properties defined by the object's primary type.

 * Consequently, each instance of a primary object type corresponds to a distinct object, whereas each instance of a secondary object type does not.  Therefore, the "creatable", "fileable", "queryable", "controllablePolicy", "controllableACL", "fulltextIndexed", and "includedInSupertypeQuery" object type attributes are not applicable to a secondary object type and must be set to FALSE.

 * Secondary object types can only be defined as subtypes or descendant types of the cmis:secondary base type.  All other base object types and their descendant types are primary object types.

2.1.9 3rd paragraph (p.73): "CMIS only provides a way to add and remove additional properties on an object." -> CMIS provides a way to apply and remove secondary types to/from an object.

2.1.9 4th AND 5th paragraphs (p.73):  "base object-type" -> "base object-type cmis:secondary"

2.1.9.2.1 (p.75) "queryable", "includedInSupertypeQuery", "fulltextIndexed": Should be FALSE. These attributes characterize the object instance which is governed by object's primary type.  This comment applies to all the retention secondary types in 2.1.16 as well.