Subject: RE: [cmis] Steps following public review

Hi David,

First of all I want to express my thanks to the committee members, Florian and the TC admins and of course to you for bringing the specification forward and achieving this important milestone.

I have two questions. The first one is related to the procedure: Can you or someone from Oasis provide a sample statement of use? I searched the OASIS website and found several mentions of sample statements but not an actual copy.

The second question goes to people involved in Apache Chemistry aka OpenCMIS: What are the plans to support CMIS 1.1 in OpenCMIS?

Thanks again to all.

Rainer

From: cmis@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cmis@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of David Choy
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:44 AM
To: cmis@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cmis] Steps following public review

To all:

The 30-day Public Review started today. Thanks to Florian who has been working diligently behind the scene with the TC Admin team to convert the Committee Draft to CSD01 and CSPRD01 according to various conformance rules. (And, of course, thanks to the TC Admin team.)

After Public Review, we shall:
1. Handle/dispose any public comment that we receive
2. Assuming there is no material change to the draft, approve the draft as a Committee Specification.
These can be done relatively quickly.

At that point, we will need three Statements of Use before we can continue. Each Statement of Use must reference the Committee Specification, and therefore cannot be submitted in advance. However, assuming there will be no material change to the draft, one may start preparing a Statement now and fill in the reference later. This can save time if you need to go through your company's internal approval for the Statement.

Best regards,

David