Subject: RE: [cmis] CMIS: Inheritance Type definition

Thank you very much Martin, that’s the answer I was searching for.

From: cmis@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cmis@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Hermes, Martin
Sent: Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012 10:08
To: Alexander Haag; 'David Choy'; 'Jay Brown'
Cc: cmis@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Alex,

“Is/Must a property-definition defined as [inherited=False] if anyone of its attributes [updateability, required, choices, openChoices] is changed?”

No, the property definition is still inherited as long as the id is not changed. CMIS 1.1. states more clearly what can be changed and what is not allowed to change (see chapter 2.1.3.3.2) if the id is the same:

Id

This opaque attribute uniquely identifies the property in the repository. If two object-types each contain property definitions with the same id, the basic property definitions (property type, query name, cardinality) MUST be the same. Other attributes MAY be dierent for each type.

Best Regards,

Martin