Subject: Re: [cmis] thinClientURI discussion

I agree this would be a clean way to do it, but I don't have a use case for this here.

Perhaps someone else will...

Jay Brown
Senior Engineer, ECM Development
IBM Software Group
jay.brown@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for "Mr. Florian Mueller" ---01/28/2014 09:18:54 AM---Hi, In our last call we discussed (and finally reje"Mr. Florian Mueller" ---01/28/2014 09:18:54 AM---Hi, In our last call we discussed (and finally rejected) the idea of a thinClientURI that can direct

"Mr. Florian Mueller" <florian.mueller02@sap.com>

cmis@lists.oasis-open.org,

01/28/2014 09:18 AM

[cmis] thinClientURI discussion

    Sent by:

<cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi,

In our last call we discussed (and finally rejected) the idea of a thinClientURI that can directly access the native repository web interface for folders and documents.
Today, I had an idea how this could be done in a very lightweight fashion with (and only) the browser binding.

Browser binding object URLs have a cmisselector parameter. We could introduce a new value for that, for example ?native?. It either returns the HTTP status code 307 (Temporary Redirect) with a Location header pointing to the native web interface for this object or the HTTP status code 404 (Not Found) if the repository doesn?t have a web interface or doesn?t want to provide this feature. How the redirect URL is composed is repository specific and could depend, for example, on the object type and on the property values of the object.

Do you think this idea is worth pursuing?

Regards,

Florian