Subject: Re: [cmis] thinClientURI discussion

I missed this discussion last Monday, but the feature would be nice to have.

This use case was important with an IBM-internal, CMIS-like interface. As a user, I'm in the more general client app for 90% of my work and it works fine. But every once in a while I need to do something repository-specific. Helps a lot to always have a link I can click on to get to the same document/folder/whatever in the native repository UI, OR in a separate thick client on the desktop (which requires a proprietary scheme).

Florian's implementation idea would work for me.

Regards,
Scott

Inactive hide details for Peter Monks ---01/29/2014 10:34:23 AM---Yep that'd be fine, although to be honest I suspect it's overPeter Monks ---01/29/2014 10:34:23 AM---Yep that'd be fine, although to be honest I suspect it's overkill as most client apps that I've seen

From: Peter Monks <pmonks@alfresco.com>
To: "Huebel, Jens" <j.huebel@sap.com>,
Cc: Jay Brown/Costa Mesa/IBM@IBMUS, "Mueller, Florian" <florian.mueller02@sap.com>, "cmis@lists.oasis-open.org" <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 01/29/2014 10:34 AM
Sent by: <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>

Yep that'd be fine, although to be honest I suspect it's overkill as most client apps that I've seen wouldn't want to deal with the complexity of multiple UIs - they'd just want the server to tell them which one to use.  No harm (that I can see) in allowing it as a proprietary extension, of course.

A couple of other random thoughts / suggestions:
Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-app-uri-20130516/