Subject: Agenda for 14 July

Agenda for 14 July:
- #774 AtomPub setContentStream should return cmis:objectId
- #775 Clarify the default for includeRelativePathSegment for the getObjectParents service
- #772 Object identifier for "latest state" of an object

We plan to vote on JIRA #772. Since there have been differences in opinion within the TC, I shall follow a more thorough procedure to conduct the voting. Please review your voting status. If you have question regarding your voting rights, please contact me as soon as possible to resolve it before Monday's meeting. Before we vote, we shall do the following:
- Affirm that we are ready to vote on #772.
- Affirm that we shall use Simple Majority voting as we always did for all technical decisions.
- Decide whether we shall conduct an e-Ballot or vote in the TC meeting.
- If necessary, refine the text that we shall vote on.
- Opportunity for anyone to briefly summarize the arguments in favor of his/her position.

Below is the tentative text for the ballots.

"
The ballots below pertain to the creation of a new, required, repository-assigned identifier for, either some or all, CMIS objects. This identifier is stable throughout the lifespan of each respective object and is version-independent. That is, this identifier is carried from version to version for an object so that it is identical for all versions and PWC in a version series. This identifier may be used by a user in place of an object ID to refer to the 'latest state' (with respect to this user) of an object. It may also be used to refer to a version series if used in an unambiguous context. It cannot be used to identify a specific version of a versionable obejct. The semantics of the 'latest state' and which objects are to have this identifier are what we shall vote on.

If this identifier is adopted, it shall appear as an ID property of an object and shall be included in the change log if the change log feature is supported. A suitable name shall be given to this identifier in line with its scope and semantics. This new identifier shall be a Feature Extension for v1.0/v1.1, and shall replace the Version Series Id in v2.0 with a broader use.

Ballot 1 (Scope): Vote for one of the three outcomes. If your vote depends on the result of Ballot 2, please let us know before we vote.
(a) Such an identifier shall not be defined.
(b) Such an identifier shall be defined for every document object, regardless whether the object is versionable or not, and for document objects only.
(c) Such an identifier shall be defined for every object without exception.

Ballot 2 (Semantics): If either (b) or (c) of Ballot 1 is approved, what shall the semantics of 'latest state' be?
(a) The latest version. If the user is not allowed to access the latest version, a permissionDenied exception is thrown.
(b) If there is a PWC that the user is allowed to access, then it is the PWC. Otherwise it is the latest version, or a permissionDenied exception is thrown if the user is not allowed to access the latest version.
(c) The PWC or the newest version that the user is allowed to access (not necessarily the 'latest version'), or an objectNotFound exception is thrown if the user is not allowed to see any.
(d) Repository-specific
"