codelist-comment message

Subject: Simple Profile

Hello,

This is in response to the public review phase announcement on the Oasis
News List.

I like the requirements set, it will lead to a incredible useful tool.
However from the requirements list (only) I can derive that the
resulting specification is pretty complex. Especially with the "Derive"
Function of having Delta-Lists.

I therefore think another basic requirement should be added, and that is
interoperability, or more technically simple profiles.

A recommendation on how to represent simple code lists (one column key
value, one column short title, one column long text, multiple languages)
should be added as a profile to the specification to ensure that the
most common usage of code lists is implemented easily for software
vendors. Otherwise the standard is not really as helpful as it could be,
since it would be limited to a framework function.

Greetings
Bernd
Chief Architect (R&D)
--