codelist-comment message

Subject: Genericode specification

Dear TC members,

The New Zealand Ministry of Education has been using code lists in Genericode
format for the last 10 months in conjunction with the OASIS UBL Methodology
for Code List and Value Validation (UMCLVV 0.8).

We find that the Genericode specification meets our needs well and without
modifications.

The benefits in particular are:

- Standardised XML format for code lists

- Standardised meta data identifying the code list, owner and list version

- Code list changes necessitating a version change

- Data exchange partners can unambiguously share the code list definitions in
use

- Genericode is a major step forward in code list interoperability

I fully support the Genericode specification becoming a full OASIS standard.

I also hope that more international and national code list standard setting
bodies will adopt the Genericode specification and publish their code lists
in this format.

I'd also like to thank the TC members for the excellent work.

Kind regards

    Juerg Tschumperlin

    Data Management Solutions

    Wellington, New Zealand

    www.d-m-s.co.nz <http://www.d-m-s.co.nz/>

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail is intended for the addressee only and may contain information which is subject to legal privilege. The contents are not necessarily the official view or communication of the Ministry of Education. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail or any information in, or attached to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately or return the original message to the Ministry by e-mail, and destroy any copies. The Ministry does not accept any liability for changes made to this e-mail or attachments after sending.
All e-mails have been scanned for viruses and content by security software. The Ministry reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its network.