codelist-comment message

Subject: RE: [codelist-comment] Use of "rule:*" attributes in genericode Schema - CodeList.xsd

Tony,

Of course OASIS CAM templates can replace this functionality - providing a clean way to validate XML instance content of genericode lists specifically and contextually - without breaking any schema related directives.

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [codelist-comment] Use of "rule:*" attributes in genericode
Schema - CodeList.xsd
From: "Anthony B. Coates (Miley Watts)" <abcoates@mileywatts.com>
Date: Wed, July 04, 2007 6:17 am
To: "Comments to OASIS Code List Representation TC"
<codelist-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>

The genericode "CodeList.xsd" uses "rule:*" attributes to indicate
documentation statements that are intended as additional rules that
cannot
be enforced by the Schema. However, in my testing, I have found that
some
Schema validators do not ignore these attributes as they should, so
they
need to be replaced by something which is less likely to run foul of
less-than-perfect W3C XML Schema validators.

Cheers, Tony.
--
Anthony B. Coates
Senior Partner