codelist-comment message

Subject: CVA change request

Title: CVA change request

Dear OASIS codelist members.

I am Maarten Daniels, IT consultant of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

In an e-Invoicing project for the European Commission we are planning to use the CVA format for codelist validation.
CVA would be used to generate Schematron validation files. These Schematron files validate soft and hard business rules. Violation of soft business rules would generate a warning, while violation hard business rules cause an exception in our process.

This creates the need for a feature of allowing an optional distinguishing characteristic for contexts were value constraints are violated.
In particular, there exists the need to support the "flag" facility from the Schematron specification (to be found in section 5.5.5 of the specification, available from http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c040833_ISO_IEC_19757-3_2006(E).zip).

Could you please take this request into consideration?

Please do not hesitate to contact me for questions or further information.

Kind regards,

Maarten Daniels