OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

codelist message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for Code List TC teleconference call 20 September 2006

Fellow Code List TC members,

I've written up the minutes and posted them in 
the repository so that if they need to be 
modified then a reader of the archives will see they have been revised:


For convenience of those reading off-line, the 
text of the minutes follows (losing a bit of the formatting).

. . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Minutes for Code List Representation TC Meeting
Copyright © 2006 OASIS

$Date: 2006/09/20 20:32:07 $(UTC)


Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
6. Other (short) discussions
7. Next teleconference
8. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
9. Any other business
10. End of meeting
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=12576

Member Record: 

Convened at 14:10UTC (due to late arrival by the chair).

1. Roll call

Jon Bosak
Tony Coates
Rebecca Guenther
Jim Harris
Dick Hart
G. Ken Holman (chair)
Howard Mason
Mary McRae
Bryan Rasmussen

Public Record: 

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see 
voting members at end of list): 

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=12566

Member Record: 

There were no comments on the minutes of the previous meeting.

3. Standing items
(none at this time)

4. Action items from previous meetings
Ken - tips and tricks re: citing messages and 
recording documents in the repository


Jamie - make the charter a referenced document from the web site in some manner


Tony - will post set of requirements underpinning 
genericode, an updated UML model and updated documentation



Howard asked if hierarchical code lists were 
included in the requirements, such as those 
requirements his group is satisfying with 
OWL-based representations of a hierarchy of code 
lists.  Tony responded that in his opinion there 
already are technologies with which this need can 
be met, and that there are hidden difficulties 
not least of which is the tracking of multiple 
parents and overlapping hierarchies.  Tony shared 
that his development of genericode to date 
addresses only flat lists, and indeed one 
managing a hierarchy of lists could choose to 
export a flat selection from the hierarchy such 
that the flat code list could be used in an application

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
Review of delivery dates in charter:


Ken asked that members discuss the requirements 
document on the list with the objective of coming 
up with a refined requirements in time for our 
next meeting at which we might consider the 
refined document as the initial draft of a Committee Specification


Tony asked that members review the requirements 
document with the challenge of identifying real 
needs and not just including a long list of wish-list items


6.  Other (short) discussions
Howard observed that with the broad application 
possible for the results of our work, OASIS 
should bring attention to our work at the next 
meeting of the MoU Management Group between 
OASIS, UN/ECE and ISO/ITTF; Mary took on an 
action item to forward our CLRTC Call for 
Participation to the MoU group in advance of their next meeting.

Bryan asked about the relevance of Dublin Core 
metadata for the metadata of genericode 
files.  Tony responded to this indicating his 
opinion was there wasn't consistent use of Dublin 
Core in the community.  Bryan observed that 
Denmark is attempting to consistently apply 
Dublin Core to its projects.  Ken asked that this 
discussion be taken to the list.

7.  Next teleconference
Next meeting 14:00UTC Wednesday October 11

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=12758

Member Record: 

8.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
Mary - distribute CLRTC Call for Participation to the MoU Management Group

9.  Any other business
No other business.

10.  End of meeting
Ended at 14:35UTC

UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com
World-wide corporate, govt. & user group UBL, XSL, & XML training.
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]