Subject: Minutes for Code List TC teleconference call 20 September 2006

Fellow Code List TC members,

I've written up the minutes and posted them in
the repository so that if they need to be
modified then a reader of the archives will see they have been revised:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=20378

For convenience of those reading off-line, the
text of the minutes follows (losing a bit of the formatting).

. . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Minutes for Code List Representation TC Meeting
Copyright © 2006 OASIS

$Date: 2006/09/20 20:32:07 $(UTC)

Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
6. Other (short) discussions
7. Next teleconference
8. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
9. Any other business
10. End of meeting
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=12576

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=12576

Convened at 14:10UTC (due to late arrival by the chair).

1. Roll call
Present:

Jon Bosak
Tony Coates
Rebecca Guenther
Jim Harris
Dick Hart
G. Ken Holman (chair)
Howard Mason
Mary McRae
Bryan Rasmussen

Public Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see
voting members at end of list):
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/members/roster.php

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=12566

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=12566

There were no comments on the minutes of the previous meeting.

3. Standing items
(none at this time)

4. Action items from previous meetings
Ken - tips and tricks re: citing messages and
recording documents in the repository

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200609/msg00015.html

Jamie - make the charter a referenced document from the web site in some manner

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

Tony - will post set of requirements underpinning
genericode, an updated UML model and updated documentation

Requirements:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200609/msg00019.html

Howard asked if hierarchical code lists were
included in the requirements, such as those
requirements his group is satisfying with
OWL-based representations of a hierarchy of code
lists.  Tony responded that in his opinion there
already are technologies with which this need can
be met, and that there are hidden difficulties
not least of which is the tracking of multiple
parents and overlapping hierarchies.  Tony shared
that his development of genericode to date
addresses only flat lists, and indeed one
managing a hierarchy of lists could choose to
export a flat selection from the hierarchy such
that the flat code list could be used in an application

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
Review of delivery dates in charter:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

Ken asked that members discuss the requirements
document on the list with the objective of coming
up with a refined requirements in time for our
next meeting at which we might consider the
refined document as the initial draft of a Committee Specification

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200609/msg00019.html

Tony asked that members review the requirements
document with the challenge of identifying real
needs and not just including a long list of wish-list items

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200609/msg00019.html

6.  Other (short) discussions
Howard observed that with the broad application
possible for the results of our work, OASIS
should bring attention to our work at the next
meeting of the MoU Management Group between
OASIS, UN/ECE and ISO/ITTF; Mary took on an
action item to forward our CLRTC Call for
Participation to the MoU group in advance of their next meeting.

Bryan asked about the relevance of Dublin Core
metadata for the metadata of genericode
files.  Tony responded to this indicating his
opinion was there wasn't consistent use of Dublin
Core in the community.  Bryan observed that
Denmark is attempting to consistently apply
Dublin Core to its projects.  Ken asked that this
discussion be taken to the list.

7.  Next teleconference
Next meeting 14:00UTC Wednesday October 11

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=12758

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=12758

8.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
Mary - distribute CLRTC Call for Participation to the MoU Management Group

9.  Any other business
No other business.

10.  End of meeting
Ended at 14:35UTC

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com