Subject: RE: [codelist] Minutes for Code List TC Teleconference 2006-10-11

At 2006-10-19 05:23 -0400, Marc Gratacos wrote:
>"the requirement is very necessary, e.g. add
>pence to the list of existing currencies, but it
>hasn't been exercised enough to know if the
>operations are completely specified"
>
> From an FpML perspective, this is a feature we
> would like to use. Maybe not for ourselves but
> for people that want to extend the code lists
> that we provide. When we implemented genericode
> 0.2 we weren't sure about the maturity of the
> schema so we kept it simple and we didn't use
> it. That's we are keen to see this be part of an Oasis standard.

So noted, Marc, thank you.

Tony did mention that the operations on
genericode files were not yet mature enough to
include in an early release of the standard,
which is why he was tasked with separating the
requirements into two:  those we agree to put
into 1.0, and those we agree to such that
anything we put into 1.0 doesn't (at our best
effort) prevent the requirements from being implemented in a future version.

So the operation of a user of genericode
specifying the merger of multiple lists or values
is an agreed upon requirement, but not for our first imminent release.

As I understand it.

--
UBL/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Allerød/Vårø Denmark 2006-11-13,17,20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com