Subject: RE: [codelist] Fwd: Re: Impact of changing a specification from URI to IRI and XRI

The only danger I know of in using non-ASCII characters is if any harm can
be caused by someone maliciously (or otherwise) replacing an ASCII character
with a similar-looking non-ASCII character. This is the basis of many
phishing attacks. I don't really see how that affects us, but then I also
don't see how allowing non-ASCII characters helps us significantly either.
Do we really need our identifiers to be that multi-lingual?

Regards

Paul Spencer