Subject: Re: [codelist] Groups - OASIS Code List Representation Specification (oasis-code-list-representation-genericode-0.1.pdf) uploaded

I just wanted to repeat the check-in comment for the 0.1 version of the
spec:

----
This initial 0.1 version is a sketch of the structure I am proposing for
this document. Section 2 is a non-normative introduction to the concepts
which underpin the genericode design.

Section 3 is very much a work in progress, which is intended to describe
the main concepts in a normative fashion. I propose that we no longer seek
to use a UML model normatively, as I don't think it can be done
normatively with respect to the Schema, which must be normative. I am not
sure what diagrams are appropriate for this section, whether to use some
UML diagrams or graphical Schema diagrams to illustrate the concepts in a
non-normative way, or whether to use Schema extracts (generated using XSLT
stylesheets for repeatability) to do this. Perhaps both, I'm interested in
feedback.

Section 4 is intended to be a normative reference to the constructs in the
Schema. This is also a work in progress, but note that this entire section
was generated from the Schema using an XSLT stylesheet. There is much more
information yet to be added. Note that I have generated compact content
model notation for the groups, and will also do so for the compact types.
My plan is to put the necessary normative documentation into the Schema
(much more than is in there now) and to have that documentation then
rendered into this section.

I propose that the appendices should include a non-normative section on
how to express simple code lists using genericode, and should also have
some examples, e.g. from UBL and/or FpML.
----

Cheers, Tony.

--
Anthony B. Coates