Subject: Comments on draft 0.1 specification - document 22043

Re: the current draft

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=22043

(1) - slight modifications to the templates were published on Friday:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/

... but I have not had time to update the DocBook-based flavour of these.

(2) - section 3.2 introduces the three available document elements
for a genericode serialization of the abstract model, and gives a
very short definition with which one distinguishes them ... yet
section 3.3 only appears (by its title) to be talking about the first
of the three "column sets" ... there isn't a 3.4 and 3.5 to talk
about "code lists"  and "code list sets" ... can the subsections of
section 3 be arranged more symmetrically so that after each of the
three kinds of document are introduced there is a bit more detail
about each one?  Perhaps, then, a section 4 can be the model of each
one, but if someone wants more information about the distinction of
each of the three, they could read that in section 3 without having
to delve into the model.  The first paragraphs of section 3.3 would
do well to describe what I think is needed in section 3 for column
sets ... can we have the same for code lists and code list sets, then
when someone wants to go into more detail they can go to the model chapter?

(3) - if I do choose to have a column set document defining my
columns, how does a code list document utilize a column set document
instead of using its own column set definitions?  I see in the column
set definition that it can be identified by a location URI, but how
does a code list utilize that location URI?

At this point the detailed information ends at the end of 3.3 ...
thanks for this Tony, I'm looking forward to seeing how this grows.

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc