Subject: Re: Code List TC URIs/URLs; was: Dissenting argument on namespace URI

By the way, the OASIS document templates has places for URIs for

* this version;
* previous version;
* latest version;
* latest approved version.

The last two suggest some kind of canonical URL mechanism.  I'm thinking
the public review version of the spec won't have a previous version nor a
latest approved version, but we need to have "latest version" URLs, and
those need to be different from the "latest approved version" URLs.

This all suggests to me the following URL layout:

Versioned namespace:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/
Canonical namespace & RDDL:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/
Draft 1.0 Schemas:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/schema/draft/genericode/1.0
Latest draft Schemas:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/schema/draft/genericode/latest/
Approved 1.0 Schemas:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/schema/approved/genericode/1.0
Latest draft Schemas:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/schema/approved/genericode/latest/
Draft 1.0 specs:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/documentation/draft/genericode/1.0
Latest draft specs:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/documentation/draft/genericode/latest/
Approved 1.0 specs:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/documentation/approved/genericode/1.0
Latest draft specs:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/documentation/approved/genericode/latest/

where files in a "latest" URL folder would not have version numbers in
their file names.

What do people think?  Thanks,

Cheers, Tony.

--