Subject: FW: [codelist] Code List TC URIs/URLs; was: Dissenting argument on namespace URI

In this approach, should we not keep all previously approved versions in the “approved” area?  If so, does this suggest the need to incorporate the version number into the file name or a subfolder name?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony B. Coates (Miley Watts) [mailto:abcoates@mileywatts.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 5:27 AM
To: Code List Representation TC

OK, I've been thinking some more about document URLs for different

versions of our documents.

In the new OASIS template, there are 4 sets of document URLs.  I'm putting

in some suggestions, which I'll explain afterwards:

----

Specification URIs:

This Version:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.html

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.odt

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.pdf

Previous Version:

Not applicable

Latest Version:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/latest/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.html

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/latest/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.odt

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/latest/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.pdf

Latest Approved Version:

Not applicable.

----

The "This Version" URLs are as we have agreed, although I've added the

specific documents this time.  I'm presuming we won't list "Previous

Version" in this case, since there are no previous committe drafts, etc.

For "Latest Version", I'm suggesting that we use a

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/latest/

area to provide canonical references to latest versions of documents

(committee drafts, committee standards, and/or OASIS standards).  For

example:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/latest/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.html

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/latest/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.odt

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/latest/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.pdf

Similarly, I'm going to suggest (although not shown in this case) that we

use a

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/approved/

area to provide canonical references to the latest committee standard or

OASIS standard versions of documents.  For example:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/approved/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.html

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/approved/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.odt

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/approved/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.pdf

However, if we were to go with this plan, then I think it would be more

consistent to change our committe draft 1.0 URLs to

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/cd-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.html

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/cd-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.odt

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/cd-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.pdf

which differs from UBL usage, but would make things like URL re-writing of

canonical URIs more straightforwards.

Does that sound plausible?  This is just a suggestion, alternate proposals

are very welcome.

Cheers, Tony.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:00:23 +0100, Anthony B. Coates (Miley Watts)

>>> wrote:

>>> I realise now (as I'm looking at the latest OASIS document templates)

>>> that

>>> http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/documentation/genericode/1.0/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode-1.0.*

--

Anthony B. Coates

Senior Partner

Miley Watts LLP

Experts In Data

+44 (79) 0543 9026

Data standards participant: genericode, ISO 20022 (ISO 15022 XML),

UN/CEFACT, MDDL, FpML, UBL.

http://www.mileywatts.com/